Danish PPP Portfolio Acquisition
16th December 2021
DWPF acted as exclusive financial advisor to International Public Partnerships (INPP) on the acquisition of four PPP projects in Denmark. The projects will deliver availability-based, long-term, predictable cash flows, provide essential infrastructure, and are geographically spread across Denmark – the portfolio comprises of:
- a specialist land registry court archive building in Hobro that accommodates 150 public sector employees;
- a hospital car parking facility with c.550 parking spaces adjoined to a regional hospital in Randers;
- a 1,000-pupil school in Ørsted; and
- an 800-pupil school in Vildbjerg.
This acquisition marks the INPP’s first investment in Denmark and, through its growing presence, provides a platform for further investment opportunities into the region.
The investments directly support targets outlined in Sustainable Development Goals 4 (Quality Education), 9 (Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure) and 16 (Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions). Other key features of the investments include:
- 100% availability-based revenue streams with public sector counterparties backed by the Danish State;
- Long-term stable cashflows with project length of up to 20 years;
- A track record of strong operational performance; and
- Essential infrastructure – the Portfolio’s investments all provide critical infrastructure services to their respective communities.