Reforestation Fund Portfolio Model
2nd July 2021
DWPF provided financial modelling support to BTG Pactual Timberland Investment Group, an American forestry investor, in developing a portfolio financial model.
BTG Pactual Timberland Investment Group is developing a new product for reforestation of degraded land in Latin America, delivering sustainable timberland investments to insitutional investors at scale.
DWPF were required to make a series of updates to the existing portfolio model, including:
- Creating a scenario manager to allow sensitivity analysis on key assumptions;
- Correcting a mismatch in total sources and uses;
- Incorporating fund management fees, including a performance fee waterfall;
- Modelling different funding options for processing plant; and
- Reviewing existing carbon calculations and correct any errors that come to light as a part of this exercise.