PFI, Higher Education, Waste, Refinancing
Joined the Team
Daniel has been involved in the PFI/PPP industry since 2003.
During his time in the industry Daniel has worked across a wide range of different sectors (waste, general accommodation, student accommodation and MoD) and on a variety of transaction types (primary bidding, refinancing/restructuring and secondary market).
Daniel is responsible for the financial and commercial aspects of infrastructure bids, including the structuring and arrangement of funding packages, commercial advice to sponsors and negotiation with the public sector, review of project documentation, and oversight of financial models and analysis.
Recent projects worked on include the financial close of:
- the refinancing of three separate phases of the Barnsley BSF PFI project (Q2 2017, Q4 2017 and Q2 2019);
- the North Wales Residual Waste PPP (Q4 2016);
- the Blackpool Streelighting PFI refinancing (Q1 2016);
- funding for the provision of Supported Living accommodation for individuals with learning disabilities (2015-2016); and
- the New Campus In Kilmarnock NPD (Q2 2014).
Daniel began his career at KPMG in 1998 where he qualified as a Chartered Accountant, before specialising as a Financial Modeller in 2001. Daniel subsequently moved to Serco Defence and Aerospace where he built on his financial modelling experience, providing financial and commercial support for a number of large PFI bids.
Daniel is a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, and holds a BSc (Hons) in Economics from Warwick University.